Saturday 6 March 2010

March Progress Report

I can't believe I have left this blog alone for four months! I have actually been training. I have actually kept that weight off... but did not lose more. But I did manage to keep weight off over holidays, a death in the family, a car going south and costing me thousands and thousands of dollars, a workplace that has decreased in size by 50% - having to lay off my assistant, etc...... It's been stress.

I registered for a MARATHON. It is in September. It is The Boulder Marathon, the one I have always wanted to do. It is local - which means it is at altitude. But as you may have gathered from the first paragraph, I have had some financial "issues," so doing a destination marathon is not going to happen this year. I really have to work to convince myself that a marathon at all is going to happen. 26.2 miles. Wow. I know the state I have been in when I have finished every single (5 of them) half-marathon. I have never once finished a half and said - "Wow! I wish I could run another 13.1 miles!" But I have always, for my entire life, wanted to run a marathon. And if I don't do it now - at the age of 58 - I will never do it.

I need to register for a spring half - I haven't done so yet. The one I wanted to run filled up before I registered. So, I will likely run the Colfax - it will be the first time I have repeated a big race. I try to do different ones all the time. It is in early May.

My training - I am up to 7 miles on my long run now. I am waiting for it to get up to 40ยบ to go out and run 7 this morning. I am trying out my new fuel belt. I have never worn one before. As you can see from the photo, I have a new pair of shoes - Brooks Adrenaline (how freaking cute are they?) and a new bra that match. Very important for your shoes and bra to match. I have worn Brooks Trances for the last three or four years, it was quite a leap for me to switch it up and get the Adrenalines.

So, I think I am on track. I have so much more to say, but I have to get ready for my run! I can't wait to catch up with you all. So many bloggers have moved on, but some of you remain, and I know there are new folks for me to get to know. Can't wait!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

lol at matching shoes and bra.

Great job on your progress so far.

I hear you on desination races needing to wait. It's been like that for me forever. Someday, maybe I'll travel for a race, but not now.

Best wishes with your marathon training. Believe in yourself. :-)

Joe said...

A fall marathon is a good plan. You'll have plenty of time and plenty of good weather to take the mileage up.

Glad you are hanging in there!!!

E said...

Good luck on your training. Just stick with it and you will be awesome. :)

Lily on the Road said...

LOVE, love, love the matchy, matchy shoes and bra!!

Welcome back and it is so nice to hear that you are still maintaining your running and your weight.

Cheers, and Best Wishes on your upcoming training and races.

Wes said...

Hello, Mary G! Welcome back... A friend, Michelle, started running marathons about 3 years ago, she's 52-ish. She's done more than fifty now, none of them under 5 hours.

You can do this. Good luck!!

The un-Zen Runner said...

Hey there, I think that's awesome that you just go for it! Even when it's a tough goal. I know you can do it. Best of luck.

Unknown said...

http://maxalas.blogspot.com news,video,photo,online sport

Anonymous said...

I come here to have a look !it is great and like it very much.Ray Rice Jersey
Wes Welker Jersey
Rob Gronkowski Jersey

qifei2012 said...

Microsoft is often a throughout the world organization that should builds, hidden the required permits, can make and as well helps a number of program items office 2010 Microsoft office 2010 download. Vacationer, Microsoft windows Reside, Yahoo, Glass microsoft windows Send, Milliseconds Messenger pertaining to Apple as well as Net plans are often manufactured by Microsoft office 2010. Microsoft office 2010