Wednesday 12 December 2007

Anchorage?

I talked with my daughter about the prospect of doing the San Diego marathon. She said "everyone should run at least one marathon in their life." I said "Oh really, what about you???" She said she would train and run one if it was "someplace interesting."

Well, I can't imagine what would be uninteresting about San Diego - she said she has been there before - which is true. But it is so beautiful there.... She said she wants to go somewhere she has never been before... and I came up with a marathon in Anchorage - the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon on June 21.

Hm... I have been to all 48 contiguous states, my life's dream is to get to Alaska and Hawaii. I have wanted to go to Alaska all my life.

I am just thinking outloud here. Thanks for indulging me.

But, in case you think I am not serious, this is exactly how I came up with the idea of running 2 half marathons in 2007.

10 comments:

ws said...

I definitely think you are serious - that is basically how I started running marathons and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Good luck with picking which full marathon to run...

Debbi said...

Sounds like a great way to pick a full. I'm contemplating one, as well. Just as seriously as you are. We'll see ...

Wes said...

Sounds like a worthy goal to me. Go for it :-)

Marathoner in Training said...

Well for selfish reasons, I hope that you choose San Diego. That way I know another runner.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Hey Mary, how about Maui in September 2008? We are considering their marathon....the TeamAutism.org group that just sponsored me in the Honolulu Marathon is going there next and Bonnie and I are talking about the possibility of joining them again.

Marcy said...

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! If you've always wanted to go to Alaska, then what better reason? ;-)

J~Mom said...

I think that is a fantastic idea!! Go for it!!!

Unknown said...

oooooh. now that sounds interesting!!

Jess said...

That sounds cool! I vote for Anchorage!

Michelle said...

Anchorage, Anchorage!!

I went to Alaska in 2000, and it was gorgeous!!! I think you would love it!!

Heck, I'd go run it with you if I could!! ;-)