Tuesday 29 January 2008

Excitement Again!!!

I got a host of e-mails today at work from 2 women who would like me to run the San Diego Marathon. It made me get very excited about the prospect.

I think I shall register this weekend. Then my job will be to become ready to run 26.2 miles. Holy Cow. There are some cut-off points on the course, at 13 and 19 miles. I think it comes out to a 17 + minute mile - if you aren't faster than that, they scoot you off the course. I think I can do better than that.

But I have never in my life run more than 13.1 miles.

What an adventure!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a plan is coming together. WooooHoooo!!

J~Mom said...

YAY!! That is awesome!! A plan!

J~Mom said...

I was only teasing. I had a post where I talked like snoop. :>P

Marcy said...

YAY Mary!!!! That is so wonderful!!

Jess said...

So no Anchorage?

Wes said...

17 minute miles is immenently doable :-) It gives you lots of leeway. Congrats!

Marathoner in Training said...

That is wonderful. I hope to see you there. Remember I am willing to assist you anyway I can to find lodging, etc.

Cheryl said...

Good luck! Sounds like a great goal to aim for. I signed up for a marathon next October, and I can only run 3 minutes at a time so far!