I am going to make several commitments here. I am just putting them here because I feel accountable for doing what I say I am going to do if I post it here. So here goes:
- I started training today for my first triathlon of the year (June 28)
- I am going to actually do what is recommended as far as training...
- like, doing what I HATE - weight training
- And strengthening my core
- I am going to follow a plan that was posted on the Tri for the Cure website
- Today I started a new food plan
- I have been eating like the last days of Rome ever since I finished P.F. Chang's.
- That has to end, and it has to end now.
- I am planning on 2 triathlons this summer - the Danskin and the Tri for the Cure.
- I am tentatively planning on a half-marathon in September (Boulder Backroads)
- I am going to post here at least 2 times a week because you guys motivate and entertain me!
OK. That is my commitment. Today I got my bike out for the first time since August. I forgot what it was like to pedal a bike up a big honkin hill - against the wind - in 35 degree weather. It was cold. And more of a work out than I remember.
But it was beautiful to be outdoors on a sunny (albeit cold) Sunday morning.