Thursday 17 September 2009

Thanks and Thinking

About races...

I am about as excited as I have been in years. You want to know the truth about what I think happened? Last Tuesday morning I woke up with my second migraine of that week. I had two the week before that too. Probably two the week before that too. I have been just suffering terribly with them. Horrible, horrible. Last Tuesday, I called my doctor, literally crying, and told him I had to find something to PREVENT them, not just treat them. I had read about Topamax as a migraine prevention medication - and asked him about it. We tried it.

It has now been 10 days without a migraine headache! I cannot describe to you what this is like. I want to cry just writing this. I feel like a new woman. I am waking up in the morning with energy and the ability to get out of bed and do things. At night I feel like I can plan to get out of bed in the morning and go running or swimming or whatever activity I have planned. It feels like the most amazing freedom. I feel like my life has been given back to me. Thank you Dr. Yang and Thank you Topamax.

Now, on to races.... Wes suggested Donna's 26.2 in Jacksonville in February. That is only 22 weeks away. Not real sure I can get ready for a marathon in 22 weeks. Richmond is still out there in November and it sounds like a good one. My sister suggested I come out to East Hampton, NY and do their marathon in September, but it is too small for a person as slow as I am - I would likely come in last and having once had that experience, I would not care to repeat it. These are the ones I have seriously looked into so far. I will look into more over the weekend. Keep the suggestions coming if you have any...

I ran 4 miles this morning. YAY!
I swam 1/2 mile yesterday morning. YAY!

I am back on track! YAY!
Thank you for your help and thank you for coming by when I haven't posted anything for so long!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

great news about the migraine med. Woooohoooo!!

And nice workouts this week. Yay for being back on track. :-)

Wes said...

bery.niccce! :-)

A said...

Congratulations on the migraine relief!

Jess said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying the success of the new migraine med! Feeling good is a big part of being able to return to and enjoy running.

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

If you are open to suggestions, I would recommend Dr. D'Adamo's new book called "The Geno Type Diet"....figure out your "type"...and try just eating his suggested foods for a couple weeks or more--to see if you notice any difference. It is not a weight loss diet (it could be...but does not have to be)...but there are loads and loads of health benefits to be had by sticking to the foods that work well with your body.

AND..great job at getting back into the swing of things exercise-wise! The Feb race sounds great!!

about to be single said...

How nice that you can now be pain free for so long. I have to say that I'm just jealous that you have finding success with running. I have tried for three years to pursue this sport and just think it is not in the cards for me. I continue to do run/walks but just can't seem to develop the stamina for running. A couple weeks ago my son completed his first marathon. I was actually shocked to see that all kinds of people run marathons. It gave me a little hope but still...I stink at it. Best to you.

Anonymous said...

I've been really enjoying this! Well done!
Be2.com buscar pareja internet
como saber si estoy en asnef
Ayuda para dejar de fumar
THANKS!
This was one of the weaker pages in concept. I simply didn't want to draw the kitchen in the background. So it is mostly darkness.

qifei2012 said...

Microsoft Office Standard 2010 supplies reliable approaches to do your easiest function by multiple COMPUTER while using cellular phone as well as Web browser. Utilizing the facts improvements intended for Microsof company Succeed, Master of science PowerPoint as well as Microsoft Word, along with a look at your community inside Microsoft Outlook, you will continue being powerful in addition to in touch with comfortable instruments along with in-born office 2010. Microsoft Office Standard 2010 may help you work faster, easier along with higher awareness, both on the streets, at the office, operating on it's own or even included in some sort of team Office 2010 key. Microsoft office 2010