Saturday 26 May 2007

Oh Yay!

I ran this morning for the first time since the race. I was heeding the advice to rest a day for each mile of the race, but I just can't do it! I ran 3.1 miles this morning and it was glorious! I ran the middle mile in 10:45. Woo Hoo! That is super fast for me. It felt great!

I swam 600 meters last night in 20 minutes. I needed to be somewhere at 5:30, and I ran into an old spinning class friend in the pool. We probably chatted for 20 minutes - which cut into my swimming time. But it was so good to see him and nice to just stand in the pool for a while too.

I am now looking forward to a nice restful three day weekend. I don't need to do anything but pull a few weeds, shampoo the carpet in the living room, etc. But I don't really HAVE to do anything. It is nice. Long ago and far away, I had thought I would run the Bolder Boulder 10K on Monday - but I am going to skip trying to do that. It would have been nice to do it on the 20th anniversary of the first time I ran it, but I don't need to do that!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Hey Mary way to go on the bounce back...I think they mean for you to not go out and do any wild streneous activity for a while after something like a marathon....doing a 5k now shouldn't be a big problem...just ease back into things as your body tells you it is ready.

I set a new 10k PR today...stop by and check it out when you can...Happy Dancing....

Oh I talked to a lady from our local running club that ran the Denver Marathon is past weekend, not sure what her finish time was though.

Sue said...

Race when you feel ready and rest when you don't, I think that's good advice. Pulling the weeds and shampooing the carpet sound like pretty hard work to me!

Happy Memorial Day and Good Luck if you do decide to run on Monday!

Marcy said...

LOL I agree with Sue, pulling weeds and shampooing the carpet IS hard work!! GREAT GREAT job on the 10:45 mile!! WHOOOO HOOOOO

Unknown said...

Just a bit of clarification on the "rest one day for each mile theory." Most coaches say go at least one day for each mile raced before doing any hard effort workouts (like intervals or hill work). If you are feeling good, you can always go out for a steady run. In fact, some times that's the best way to accelerate the healing process.

Great job with the run.

J~Mom said...

Sounds like a great run!! Great job!

Mary Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Dukes said...

I don't know how you do it