Sunday 2 March 2008

Things are not going my way...

Yesterday I was at school all day, it was 78º. Today I was going to get my 9 mile run in. There are blizzard-like conditions out there. I went to church earlier, and intended to run after church. Even if I had to go to the blasted treadmill at the gym. The roads, however, are so dreadful, I am going nowhere. No where.

I have 16 weeks to train and it seems that every week there is a setback of some sort. I did manage to run 2 times last week for a total of 6.5 miles. I ran a total of 29.5 miles in February - I took 2 weeks off though - due to injury.

Now I am feeling great, free of injury, but a victim of weather and circumstances?

I will try to somehow get a semi-long run (6 miles?) in during the week as well as my regular runs... .and then 10 miles next Saturday?

I am so afraid I am not going to be able to run a marathon in June at the rate I am going.

On a happier note: I booked a train trip to Denali National Park the day after the marathon. I will stay at Denali for two nights and then take the train back to Anchorage. Doesn't that sound like a wonderful way to recover from a race?

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

It's going to thaw pretty soon!! You still have lots of time to train!

Wes said...

Life does have a habit of getting in the way. Persevere :-)

Jess said...

You'll get back to the routine you need soon!