Thursday 11 October 2007

3 days

I am back to counting days. I woke up this morning and realized, as I stepped gingerly from my bed, that my foot hardly hurts at all. I think if I can just take care of it in the next 2 days, I will be able to participate in one way or another in Sunday's race.

I am so grateful for you bloggers. You are the absolutely only people who understand WHY I have been so upset. I kind of got over it a bit yesterday. Today I am feeling much better and I think I can just muster through... even if I walk the course.

After work tomorrow, my daughter and I will go and pick up our packets at the expo. She has not trained for this race and has decided that she will walk it. When I talked to her about not wanting to "throw in the towel," she said she not only wants to throw it, she is pissed at it, and she wants to burn it! And she is 28 years old! Oh my.

Now I will plant myself on the sofa and work on a pair of socks I am knitting... while icing my foot... and watching the Rockies!

9 comments:

Wes said...

Hee, hee. Yea, we get it. Good luck with the socks and the Rockies :-)

Unknown said...

Glad you're in better spirits today. :)

J~Mom said...

Sounds like today was a much better day! :>)

Sue said...

I do so hope your foot feels better by Sunday!! It's sounding hopeful.

ws said...

hopefully your foot feels even better this morning...

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!

GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!

You rock....keep that ice coming....and the ibuprophen...or however you spell that...I'm so glad that your ankle does feel better....

As Chad mentioned yesterday, plan on going...listen to your body...and going as far as you can.....we're gonna whip this...we have every confidence in you....

Marcy said...

YAY!! I'm glad you're feeling on the up!!

Adam said...

Great to hear your ankle is better.

Jess said...

Good thing it's feeling better. You might as well get out there and see what you can do!