Saturday 13 October 2007

Wardrobe Malfunction?

We picked up our packets last night at the expo. I am very excited about the race. Very. I have many wardrobe issues, but I think I am going to head over to the running store as soon as I post this, eat a bowl of cereal, and take a bath. I have absolutely no idea about what to wear, so I am going to ask some people who might have a clue - who have run this race before and are familiar with local weather phenomena.

I took a 3 mile walk/run this morning - just to test my foot. My foot is absolutely fine. I had no pain whatsoever. I think not running for a week really helped me - even though I walked a fair bit this morning, my pace was right around what it normally is for running. I feel OK about the race. I am looking forward to it. I think the injury worked for me in 2 ways - physically, I got some rest I think I needed. Mentally, I realized I really really really want to run this race. I might have thought I was ambivalent before, but when told I couldn't do the race, I thought my heart would break. So no more wondering what the heck I am doing - I know what I am doing! I am running a race that I have trained for for months!

I got nervous when I read that this race has a 4 hour limit. When I read that they have a vehicle doing an 18 minute mile - or whatever that is, and you would be asked to leave the course if you weren't keeping up - it really frightened me. But If my slowest pace is 14 something - I should be fine.

Good Luck Randy and everyone else who has races this weekend!

5 comments:

ws said...

Great to hear about the lack of foot pain and the 3 mile warm-up today.

I was looking at something in my archives and saw that I was thinking about mittens because it was 60 degrees - I'm clearly the wrong person to give advice.

Have a great race tomorrow morning and just ignore that vehicle...

J~Mom said...

You will do great tomorrow!! I think the rest was great and really helped your foot. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Marcy said...

You're so cute! I love how you put everything out so nice and neat. You WILL BE FINE!!!!! ;D ;D Good luck!

Sue said...

Good luck with the race!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

You are going to ROCK tomorrow....you are so ready!!!!

If you get a chance, come over and see what I've posted about Bonnie's effort at her very first ever 10k race!!!

Remember to "Be the Wind"..."Glide", and Always Smile...you could be a couch potato but you've made better choices for your life...I'm so glad to hear your ankle is better....hugs and the best of luck tomorrow.