Tuesday 12 June 2007

Thinking Bloggers Tag Game

WS tagged me, and I found it flattering (even though she was worried about insulting me because she referred to my advanced years!) Here's the deal:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

And now, ta da! I have no links! This is pitiful. I have blogs I read, but all the running/tri/fitness blogs have already been tagged, so I would be forced to resort to linking to political, religious, or other blogs. Sheesh. See if anyone ever tags ME again!

So I went to the doctor this afternoon. My diagnosis was correct. The fall in December traumatized my posterior. The bottom line is, I need to take NSAIDs, apply heat, massage, and give time time. He did not advise me to stop running. I am riding my bike to work tomorrow, then I need to get back to running. I miss it. I really really miss it.

Thank you bloggers for encouraging me. I love to read about the things we do, the victories, the struggles, and pushing through in spite of seemingly insurmountable challenges. It is such a wonderful thing to put ourselves out there at the limits of our physical abilities.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm so glad that you finally got the answers you needed! And better yet you don't have to stop running!

Sue said...

Love the pics from the previous post - absolutely beautiful, and what a georgous sky!

Hope you get on the mend soon.

Jess said...

It's nice to finally get a diagnosis on injuries and that way you can quit wondering -- even though you probably knew to do those things already.

FatBlokeThin said...

I will be starting to run in the next week or so for the first time ever really _ I wasn't very physical as a child and managed to keep that up for the next few decades (quite impressive really...?!). I have lost 25 punds and plateau'd so I am doing the couch to 5K programme.

You are a great inspiration veen though I am a mere youngster (41 today). Lol !!

J~Mom said...

I am also glad you got in and got some answers!!! YAY that you can still run!!!!!!!

Adam said...

hope you get better soon