Sunday 22 July 2007

Confession

I had such a headache this morning that I went back to bed and slept until almost 9:00! That is almost inconceivable for me to sleep that late! When I woke up, I felt pretty terrible about missing church this morning and also a workout. I had intended to be up early enough for a bike ride and a swim before church.

At almost 10:00 a.m, in 90 degree heat, I headed out of here on my bike. I intended to take a brief swim at the lake, and then hop back on the bike and come home. But when I saw how many bodies were in that water, I opted not to swim. I rode 10 miles in 50 minutes. I need to take my bike to some flat lands to see how fast I would go without hills - because my training times are abysmal.

But the confession part is that I missed church because I didn't feel well enough... but I felt well enough for a bike ride. Oh dear. The truth is I didn't feel well enough for a bike ride either, but I thought perhaps it would help my headache, and indeed it did.

5 comments:

Wes said...

God's pretty easy going. He told me himself :-)

Marcy said...

Ohhh Mary Christine, God will forgive you for this one. Just think of how many sins I've committed today :-X He'll be more after me than you hehe

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I agree that God will forgive...He was with you on the bike ride watching over your safety. I agree with Marcy that she's closer to the front of the line....LOL.

I said a prayer just a bit ago for your son, as I watched a soldier saying goodbye here in the OKC airport with his family....read my blog this morning..I just finished it...

Mom tried decaf once said...

I find that I need a break from church about once every six months..it's just me but I need that extra rest day once in a while. :>)

Unknown said...

God prefers "doers" anyway. As for your transitions in the tri, it's like anything else. You need to practice them to get good at them just like you practice swimming, cycling and running.
Give it a try.