Sunday 8 July 2007

I spoke too soon...

About registering for the Danskin Triathlon - I didn't know that while washing my hands in my bathroom, the "cold" handle was going to come off in my hands... the internal mechanisms shattered. The coolest thing is that I called my daughter -yes, my daughter! She came over and took the old faucet out, we went to Lowe's for a new one, and a few hours later Presto! I have a new faucet in my bathroom that works! This all ended up costing about what the registration for the Danskin would have cost, so I am going to forgo that race. It is probably just as well. A triathlon really takes your whole weekend and I could find other things to do next weekend, like maybe spend some time with my family?

This morning I got up at 4:00 so that I could get out and run before it got hot. It was a lovely, lovely run. The first mile is straight uphill, and took 16:00. The second mile was 12:06 and the third was 13:56. The truth is, I really enjoy slow running.

I guess Pearl Izumi would call it "jogging". I saw the latest ad in the August Runners World and think their advertising agency should be fired. It is about how the "runners" find the dead bodies, while running through the dumpsters. The "joggers" take the trails through parks and stop for a snow cone if they feel like it. What a stupid campaign and it really does make me not want to wear my Pearl Izumi hat anymore. Who wants to find dead bodies? ... it is just dreadful and tasteless.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, that ad was very annoying.

I get this vision of a mob of angry joggers going after their advertising agency. Think the runners could save them from that...or would they just find the dead bodies in the aftermath?!?!

Let's go get a snow cone!! :)

J~Mom said...

Yeah, I agree, that ad was bad...bad! I love running slow! Sounds like the triathlon was not meant to be. Bummer, but there will be another one!

Marcy said...

Bummer on the Triathlon! It's OK, there is always next year or another one later in the year, right? ;-)

Mary Gee said...

I am already registered for the Tri for the Cure in August. I was thinking of doing the Danskin for an extra one.