Sunday 5 August 2007

Another Triathlon Finished

I finished my 4th triathlon this morning. I enjoyed it very much. It was surprising to me that I struggled during the bike ride. That is traditionally my strongest sport. At one point during the bike ride, I looked at my tires to see if they were flat. I felt like I was riding through quicksand. I don't think my time was too bad, but it isn't posted yet. I felt great during the swim and it isn't even too much of an exaggeration to say I felt pretty decent during my "run". I think my transition times were not good. When I got off the bike, I really felt beat up.

I enjoyed sharing the bike rack with some wonderful women - I think I like being over 55. I also really enjoyed my new clothes. I felt great in them. Several women commented on my "cute skirt". It really is cute.

I also concentrated on looking appropriately stern during the bike ride so that there won't be any pictures of me looking like a smiling nut! I did laugh during the run and I think a photographer might have caught that.

So, I don't know much except I am done, and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

10 comments:

Debbi said...

Congratulations on finishing! I can't even imagine trying to do a tri -- you rock, girl!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Congratulations!!!! You finished...that is awesome...it doesn't matter what the times were. I hope you can find some photos that were taken of you during the race.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy said...

Sorry that was me with the delete. I looked like a drunken commenter LOL

That is sooooo awesome Mary!!! What's wrong with smiling? At least it shows that you're having fun! I'm so glad you liked it, and it was your 4th tri! Holy Moses it amazes me that you were so nervous about the HM but not this? LOL

ws said...

congratulations. I say the same thing as Marcy, if you are happy why not smile.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. WooooooHooooo!!!

Of course you got comments on that runing skirt, it is adorable!!

Oh, and I *try* to smile like a fool for the action photos.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I don't necessarily smile for the "action" photos but I at least try to run through the camera person...that doesn't sound right...I don't bowl them over...that would be Marcy doing that...you know what I mean...if I were walking and they took a photo...someone would darn sure say...I thought you were running a race today...but all you were doing was walking.....

Wes said...

Woo hoo! Way to go Mary G :-) You did awesome. Dee Dee and I both loved your new outfits, and the medal is really really cool. Come on, now. We need a detailed race report! And some pics when you get them!!! You rock girl! Where is that 55 year old by the way?

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!!!! Mary you are so awesome!! I am so happy for you! I bet your were the cutest one there in those clothes (can I borrow them-j/k). YAY!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great job! Sounds like you really enjoyed the race. Bummer that the bike didn't go as planned, but it's something to work on.