Friday 17 August 2007

Friday Fun

I am still utterly exhausted, but I am trying not to complain so much. I will get over it, I am sure I will. I went out to run this morning and decided to follow Chad's advice and try to run as fast as I could. ... well, after the first mile and a half I decided to run as fast as I could.

So, I ran 1.5 miles at a 13+ minute mile pace.
And One mile at 11:23. Yes, Eleven minutes and twenty-three seconds. That, my friends, is lightening fast for this woman. I think I might be able to work on speed after all. Well, relatively speaking.

My daughter and I drove down to Colorado Springs to have dinner with my son last night. It is so wonderful to be able to pick up the phone and call him, and hop in the car and go see him. He may be home today. Or maybe Monday. I hope it is today. I would love to have a weekend with my son in the house.

Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

That IS fast!! You go Mary!!! Who knows where this will lead . . . 9 min/mile pace perhaps? ;D Awesome job!

J~Mom said...

I hope he gets to come home this weekend!

Awesome job running fast!!! I bet that felt so good!!

Lori said...

Oh, I hope he gets to come home for the weekend, too, but even if he doesn't...he's RIGHT THERE! Great job on that mile! That is a great time!

ws said...

great job on the 11 min mile Mary...I hope you have a great weekend with your son.

Debbi said...

I wish you and I lived nearer to each other. We would make perfect running partners.