Friday 10 August 2007

good news, bad pics

The pictures for the race were finally posted this morning. Now I know why I never wear tight shirts. Oh well. I was smiling because I was having fun and that is the important thing!

My son called yesterday and is no longer in Iraq!!! He is on his way home. There will be a ceremony on Sunday at a local Army Base and I will get to see him then. He will debrief there for a few days and then he will be HOME. I feel like I can breathe for the first time since July 10, 2006 when he left.

I feel just giddy I am so happy about this. I went out this morning and took a 5 mile run - it will be my long run for this week. I wanted to get that under my belt before this weekend so that I am not worried about it.

And then I showed up at work in an outfit straight out of a "dress for success" manual - for what NOT to wear to work if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. I am wearing green sequined flip flops, khaki capris, a hot pink camisole, with a brightly multi-colored tropical shirt over that! What the heck was I thinking? I just must be in celebratory mode!

13 comments:

Wes said...

Great news! At least you don't look like you are in pain like I often do :-)

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

That is absolutely the BESTEST NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, wait ... we need pics of this outfit you are sporting today....do not pass go or collect your $200 without getting us a photo...

Strong prayers for your son's safe trip home...happy dance for the happy Mom!!!!!!

Marcy said...

That's WONDERFUL news Mary!! Wow, what a sense of relief, huh?

I like that pic!! It shows a smile! Most pics I see of people in races don't show any smiling LOL

Debbi said...

Love the picture, and love the news of your son's departure from Iraq even more. Let's hope he doesn't have to go back. Congratulations again on finishing your tri!

Debbi said...

Love the picture, and love the news of your son's departure from Iraq even more. Let's hope he doesn't have to go back. Congratulations again on finishing your tri!

Debbi said...

Sorry for the double-posted comment. Blame Blogger! Heh.

J~Mom said...

You look great!! You are running and you are fit!! I like the outfit, I need to know where I am buying the top from! Is it triks?

I AM SO HAPPY about your son!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! Big celebration for sure!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great news about your son! Maybe you can talk him into going for a run with his mom when you guys have the chance.

ws said...

that is great news and clearly your attire was influenced by that excitement. have a great weekend - sounds like it will be a few days of celebratory mode.

Unknown said...

Glad to know your son is out of Iraq and that you will see him SOON. YAY!!!

I don't think that's a bad picture!! You look happy and I still think it is a cute outfit. :)

Sue said...

Good news about your son's homecoming. I guess it doesn't matter how old our children are, we still worry ourselves sick over them!

Great pic, nice and smiley!

Anonymous said...

I like your picture!
It shows you enjoying the moment!!

Michelle said...

Awesome news about your son!!!

I think you look great in your pic!! I don't think I've had a single race pic of mine that I've liked so far. I guess I can relate to how you feel about yours, although I think there's nothing for you to be embarrassed about! -)