Saturday 4 August 2007

Excitement!!!!

I am so psyched about the race after attending the expo this morning (and purchasing $130. worth of stuff I could NOT live without!) So, the race jersey is black. I thought that would be OK, but I didn't realize it would have sleeves on it. It is supposed to be 92 degrees tomorrow and I do not need to be wearing a black short sleeved shirt, so I purchased a pink bike jersey... I needed one anyway.. sure I did. AND I purchased the skirt I of which I have been so desirous. It is freaking cute! And of course, I NEEDED to buy a new pair of tri shorts to go under the skirt because my old tri shorts are too long.
Note that the race bib SNAPS on the skirt. Oh, it is so cute! I am in love with this thing. This is a Colorado company, so I will tell you all about SkirtSports... I think they are wonderful... and you can order online if you feel the need to purchase a super cool skirt with snaps for a race bib. Well, some of you men probably aren't that interested, but that is OK. This afternoon I have to go buy the pink hat I was trying to avoid buying. Oh well.

Yesterday I got out and ran. It was 2 miles, but I felt good. I am going to go out in the heat now and take a 45 minute to hour bike ride. Then I will come home and finish the final Harry Potter book - and take a nap. I bought myself a beautiful steak to have with a salad tonight - and I have peaches for desert.

I am so excited! Good luck to everyone else who has races this weekend! I can't wait to read about them all.

11 comments:

J~Mom said...

Oh man!!!!! I want one of each!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! You are the super cute tri girl!!!

Good luck!! I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow! You are going to rock!!!

Marcy said...

OMG HOW CUTE!!!! I love, love, love the outfit!!! I most especially LOVE the skirt!! I can't believe the tri is tomorrow!! Good Lord I thought it was next week! You're going to do wonderfully!!! Have fun!! ;D ;D

Marcy said...

Duh, I forgot to mention how cute YOU looked!! I get excited looking at clothes :P You look fabulous Mary!!! ;D

Unknown said...

You look soooooo cute!!!!! I am envious. I love it all..the pink jersey, the black skirt... I don't suppose you picked up extras in size M for me?!?!?

I even like the black and pink shirt...just needs to be worn in cooler temps.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

We can feel your excitement....way to go Mary...finally I think you are pumped.....this is the big day...don't forget to smile....we know you will do well.

From a guy's perspective the outfit is cute...but I don't think it would match my hair...

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Ok, what gives...what is written on your arm and leg in the photo?

Mary Gee said...

That's my race number. I got marked yesterday at the expo and I hope I can get marked again today at the race because I went for a bike ride and it started pouring rain yesterday. I had great black streaks running down my arms and legs, and now I have pale numbers!

Debbi said...

Have fun and good luck! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to reading about how you rocked!

Sue said...

Your outfit looks so cool! I'm thinking of you today (Sunday) and hoping you're doing well! Can't wait to read all about it.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Power Finisher vibes...coming your way!!!!!

ws said...

I hope you had a great race this morning. I know you did awesome!