Sunday 26 August 2007

Seven Weeks


Until the Denver Marathon. I ran 7 miles this morning. Probably as slow as I have ever run, but it was nice. It was a beautiful morning and I took a beautiful route, even if it was WAY too hilly. I really love slow long distance running. This is a picture I took in April of the route I ran this morning. I love it there. There is a two mile climb to get to that road, then the road undulates for a couple miles before it starts heading into the mountains. I turned around at 3.5 miles and headed home.

After about 3 miles, I realized that I felt good and nothing hurt. That is the most amazing feeling for me. I bought a water bottle to carry with me, it has a strap and a pocket and I really like it. It really helps to have water on a run that takes longer than an hour.. I am not going to tell you how much longer than an hour - I have my pride!

Yesterday I missed my run because I had an all day prayer day to attend. It was the beginning of the Biblical School I am beginning. It was wonderful and my head feels so full, but my heart does too!

This afternoon I am making barbequed ribs, cole slaw, and corn on the cob. The family is coming over and it will be very nice. My son requested ribs. His wish is my command for now. I am so very thrilled to have him back from Iraq... safe and sound, healthy and happy.

10 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

Mary,
That looks like you had an awesome run. Keep up the work, you are doing great. It must be the new shoes that kept your legs from hurting :)

Michelle said...

Great job on the run, Mary!!!

Can I come over for dinner? LOL! ;-)

Wes said...

You can NEVER run a long run too slow. So it is written, so it be done. With that said, when am I getting invited over for BBQ?

Debbi said...

You wrote:

"After about 3 miles, I realized that I felt good and nothing hurt."

What's even more amazing to me is that I still feel that way after running seven miles! When I trained for my first race early this year, seven miles would put me in bed for the rest of the day. Now? It's a morning training run, after which I prepare meals, work in the yard, knit, watch football … in other words, have a life!

My seven yesterday took 90 minutes. Talk about slow!

J~Mom said...

Great job on your run!! Wish I could come to dinner at your house! :>)

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

First off I have to apologize for not being there for the ribs and corn....I'm hungry now though..thanks....

Where is that route...would like to try it someday...what a beautiful clear day....sometimes a thing you don't see alot of in Denver.....

Unknown said...

good job!

Unknown said...

That really looks like a beautiful place to run. Great job!

Ummmm, can I come over for dinner??

Marathoner in Training said...

Mary,
I see that Colorado is the least obesed state in the union. there was a side note to the article that some lady that is attempting Middle aged fitness is leading the pack for fitness in Colorado. Have a great day.

Joe said...

So very glad your son is home!! I know how that feels. Mine is due home from Baghdad in December...we can hardly wait.

Hope the Trance work well for you!!