Wednesday 29 August 2007

Dining Like a Glutton

We took my son out for dinner last night to the Fort Restaurant. I ordered the Game Plate, which had (from left to right) buffalo, elk, and quail. EEEK! That quail freaked me out and I quickly scooped it off my plate and gave it to my daughter. Imagine their surprise when I pulled a camera out of my purse and took a picture of my entree!

I also got someone to take our picture sitting by the fire in the plaza area after dinner.
My military son has decided to grow his hair and beard while he doesn't have to be anywhere.

I have been running in accordance with one of my training plans. I am feeling good. I am not pushing it like I did for the last half-marathon. I really injured myself training too hard - now I feel good and do not care to repeat the injury experience.

I have noticed that my resting heart rate probably needs to be recalculated. I did it a couple years ago - it was 58. Yesterday and today while I was lacing up my shoes, I noticed that my heart rate was fluctuating between 53 and 54. So I guess my RHR is not 58. I will figger this out real soon!

Sorry I have been such a crappy blogger. I have been spending so much time with my family - and that is wonderful! I also started Biblical School - which is also wonderful.

Debbi - I am going to go start knitting a hat now - Christmas gift knitting starts today!

10 comments:

Debbi said...

Hey, girl ... with school, race training and family time, when are you gonna have time to knit? Just kidding! Knitting keeps me sane when I get too busy.

That dinner looks fabulous ... much better than the ramen noodles I had tonight. Can you tell I need to stock up? I'm raiding the pantry!

Wes said...

Mmmmmmm. That looks yummy... Resting heart rate is a great indicator of how well you are doing. Mine started out at like 58-60 too, and last time I measured it was 51. It IS a big deal and so cool.

Marathoner in Training said...

I will send you some elk, when I get gack from hunting in Nov. if you would like. That is awesome that your Resting heart rate is dropping some more. Keep us posted on it and the time with your son. I will like to place an order for a orange and black stripped knitted hat for Christmas :)

J~Mom said...

Mmm.......mmmm...........and mmmmmmm.. But I do agree that thing on the right is a bit freaky! ;>) You have a beautiful family!! I am so glad you are all together. :>)

ws said...

I have issues with food that looks on a plate like it did while it was alive - the quail qualifies. definitely a drop in resting heart rate is a great sign. hope you are having a great time with the family - who needs blogging when good things are happening...

Michelle said...

You are a great blogger!!! I would think you were strange if you didn't want to spend time with your family!! :-)

Yummy-looking dinner! And I wish I could have been sitting around that fire pit with you guys! I love stuff like that!! :-)

Unknown said...

Ummmm...that looks really good!

No appologies necessary, being with family is the most important thing. I'm glad to see you are enjoying your running. That's important, too.

Marcy said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I agree with Michelle! You're a great blogger! No apologies needed! You need that time for the fam! ;D

You guys are sooo cute!! You can definitely tell that is your daughter. She looks exactly like you! ;D

Unknown said...

the quail kinda freaks me out too.

Joe said...

Let the hair grow...it is super to have your son with you!!

Yes, avoid injury...you are on the right path.