Tuesday 14 August 2007

Miscellanea

My son is in Colorado!!! He will be back at home next week!!! It was so good to see him on Sunday night, I could not begin to describe it!!! (sorry for all the exclamation points, but I can't help it!!!) The above is a picture of my son and daughter. On a happy, hot, summer night in Colorado. Life is good. He looks happy and healthy and relaxed (but this picture doesn't make him look too happy) and I am so relieved to see that he still has his goofy sense of humor.

Thoughts about my treadmill workout on Sunday... it felt good while I was doing it. I was a little sore afterwards, which I thought was good. However, on Monday morning, I woke up, stepped out of bed and had the beginning pain of plantar fasciitis. I was nearly crippled by that a year ago. Then in September, I bought my super dooper Brooks Trance 6s and the pain went away. Now my second pair of super dooper Brooks Trance 6s have 301 miles on them. My question is: Is it the shoes? Or is it the treadmill? I will be buying a new pair of shoes soon, so I guess that will answer the question.

I took a day of vacation today because I am so tired. I started looking at the clock at work yesterday at about 10:00 a.m., I was SO TIRED. I decided I need a day completely off. So here I am.

This morning I went for a 4 mile run outside in a completely new place. It is a bike trail along a river bed and into a golf course. It is pretty and has some slight grades and little hills, but is pretty flat. My time was better. Not stellar, but better than usual. Maybe if I just mix it up between outdoor running and treadmill, I will be able to work on my speed a little bit. It was a nice morning and a nice run, but a little bit hot. Have you ever been so hot that your eyes feel hot behind your sunglasses? I kept taking them off to give my face some air... funny.

8 comments:

Wes said...

You exclaim all you want!!! You have a great reason :-)

Running on the treadmill is a little different than road running. And I'm with you on the tired thing. I was just exhausted last night....

ws said...

normally I'm not a fan of exclamation points, but I think your son's homecoming deserves a few more!!!

I'd blame the treadmill. It is possible that your gait is different on the treadmill and the pounding was a bit harder. A stretch I've found to help with plantar fasciitis is this - before I get up in the morning, I take a belt and put it under my toes and stretch my toes back towards me. That first sore step feels a lot better...

I don't wear glasses when I run, but I can tell you I've been so hot that I think my head might just explode!

J~Mom said...

I totally have that sweaty eye ball thing all the time! I am ready for some cool already!

I am so glad you son is home!!! I love pic, you look so much like your daughter!

Marcy said...

I'm SOOOOOO happy for you!!! I'm so glad that your son is home and safe. What a wonderful reunion! ;D

Let us know what's the culprit the shoes or the treadmill LOL

Jess said...

It's so hot here in FL, that my sunglasses often fog up.

Your son's homecoming is a great reason to add some extra !!!

Lori said...

Yay that your son made it home safely!!!! I am so happy for your family :)

Hope you can figure out your pain and get it straightened out.

Unknown said...

you look happy. what a wonderful picture!!

i've never had my eye's too hot. but i've been there on the exhaustion!

Unknown said...

Every once in a while, the knee I injured with have a little bit of pain, and I'll obsess over the posibilites of it going south and ruining my training. Then it will go away. I think it is just an ache that happens in a place that I worry about. Hopefully, it is the same with your foot...just a reminder of an injury that you have overcome.